For those with flexible minds!

These are my thoughts of love and light! I hope you enjoy them!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Unplugged



I am so grateful I got to spend my holiday in Florida this year! I have never before been away for the holidays and  I absolutely loved it! Quiet and no agenda, now that is a true holiday in my book!  

The holidays are always so crazy for too many of us. I agree its nice to be together and share with one another but not when everyone expects you all at the same time and you find yourselves having to rush and run around so that you can please everyone. This is what I do not agree with. We do not need one day to celebrate. We can celebrate everyday, any day with those we love not just on the day that is told to us by a calendar, but I digress.

I did not bring my phone with me on this trip and was unplugged the whole time. Sure, the first day I found myself looking for my phone, hearing it ring and wanting to 'check in' however, it did not take me long to get used to the feeling of being 'unplugged'. Good for the mind, body and soul, I tell you ;)

I think we need to re-write the 'rules' for holidays, and I think we need to unplug more often. What do you think?